Abundance, Abundance, Abundance
By Arvind Devalia
At thanks giving time, we all spend time with our families and loved ones, being grateful for what we have in our lives. There is so much goodness all around us to be thankful for.
However, do you live in a world of abundance? Or do you come from a place of scarcity and lack?
Abundance is a lot more than just money or material things. You live in a very rich and beautiful world – you just have to open your eyes. Just think about the beauty of the sky, the greenery all around you, the grace of animals, the love in you, and the sheer miracle of this life.
You choose to see the world through the eyes of abundance or lack. It is a choice that you make, based on your conditioning and beliefs. So change your perception, and you will not only be aware of the abundance around you, but even more will flow into your life in the form of love, money and other worldly goods.
Here are some simple things you can do to manifest even more abundance in your life.
1. Begin to appreciate just how much abundance there is all around you. Count your blessings and be thankful for all the goodness you already have in your life. Just for today, show gratitude to every living thing. And then do the same every day from hereon.
2. Be generous, without being wasteful. Always remember that what goes around comes around. Share the abundance already in your life and it will be reflected back to you by the people around you. Openly share your home, skills, goods, time and love, without expectations of having anything in return.
Plant seeds of abundance all around you. Think of tithing a certain percentage, say 10%, of your income to charitable causes. Do this anonymously, and without expectation of recognition.
3. Simplify your life in all ways. Begin to enjoy the simple things in life such as walks in nature, play time with children and sharing special meals with your loved ones. Get present to just how much joy there is in your life.
4. Let go of any habits of poverty. Start giving away your loose change to charities and people in need. Start cultivating being prosperous. Stop yourself from thinking thoughts such as “I cannot afford that”.
5. Expect the best from everything and everyone. Pessimistic people who are always moaning keep having negative experiences and bad luck. That is because what you focus on most is what you attract – so focus only on goodness from now on. Think of the things you love and desire.
6. Take time to be still. Meditation, yoga and walks in the park will all help to keep you grounded and calm. Find what works for you and stick to it.
7. Never beat yourself up for slipping into any old habits of negativity or lack of appreciation. Simply forgive yourself and move on.
8. Always be kind and loving towards yourself. Pamper yourself with lots of little treats such as a glass of your favourite wine, a bubble bath or a solitary meal at your favourite restaurant.
9. Recall a time in your life when you felt a deep sense of richness and completeness. Remember how you felt, and get present to these feelings once again. Know that you can recreate those feelings of abundance anytime you wish to do so.
From today onwards, consciously think, feel, and identify with happy thoughts of abundance. Begin each day by being thankful for everything you can think of.
Make it thanks giving day every day of your life from now on.
Arvind Devalia is a Social Entrepreneur, CSR Consultant, Performance Coach, Speaker and Author of best selling book “Get the Life you Love and Live it”.
His main website is at www.arvinddevalia.com and he can be contacted at email@example.com
Arvind’s book is available for purchase from AMAZON.COM
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in these columns are solely those of the interviewee(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the editor/publisher.
All Material © Copyright Kavita Chhibber and respective authors
E-mail this article